And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
We are excited about the Youth Impacting the Kingdom here at City of Faith Christian Center. Young people are important and unique in their God-given abilities and qualities. We want our youth to be faithful to the Lord Jesus regardless of their circumstances. We are training and equipping them to enter into the adult world with all the power that God has given them to conquer life and walk in victory with the plans and future God has set before them. Each month we spend time with our youth specifically preparing them for their ministry and helping to effectively guide their gifts and talents in this ministry.
Our purpose for our youth ministry is to restore, build, and equip these young saints for life. Thus, placing them in a position to receive understanding from God to complete their purpose and assignment.
We are committed to:
- Winning souls to Christ
- Teaching youth to value their relationship with God, their family, and friends
- Encouraging youth to spend time with God daily through worship, Bible study, and prayer
- Instilling in the youth to support their peers in prayer
- Instilling in them a God-value system: self-esteem, self-determination, unity, purpose, faith, honesty, integrity, economics, collective work, and responsibility
- Raising their standards, by respecting parents and authority figures, striving for excellence, and pursuing godliness
- Teaching them to live a bold and uncompromising life for Jesus of holiness and righteousness
- Being producers of them by encouraging our youth to represent Christ at all times
- Providing opportunities for teenagers to minister through their personal gifts of leadership, drama, music, dance, etc.
- Ministering to our youth through events and conferences
- Providing youth/parents meetings and fellowships for effective family structure